One of the most exciting nutritional resources available today to help your body naturally fight environmental pollution is a whole-food based supplement called chlorella. Chlorella is actually one of the most widely used supplements in Japan, where over 10 million people use it regularly. The Japanese use of chlorella is more widespread than the North American use of vitamin C, our most popular supplement.
Chlorella is a "green food," a single-celled, micro-algae that is about two to ten microns in size. It's very small. It is this small size combined with its unique properties that make it such a useful detoxification tool. Its molecular structure, allows it to bond to metals, chemicals and some pesticides.
When chlorella is taken into your body, its natural action will bind it to lingering heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides found in your digestive tract, which is your body's pathway to your bloodstream where these harmful toxins are delivered and deposited into your body's cells.
So chlorella first and foremost will help your body eliminate unwanted metals and toxins. But it does more than that.
Chlorella is uniquely designed to not bind to the minerals your body naturally needs to function optimally. It does not bind to beneficial minerals like calcium, magnesium, or zinc. It's almost as if chlorella knows which metals belong in your body and which chemicals need to be removed. Supplementing with chlorella is like unleashing a tiny army inside your body to fight the battle of removing toxins from your tissues and ushering them back outside your body where they belong.
Chlorella is such a powerful detoxifier because it is rich in chlorophyll, which is known to:
- Aid you in processing more oxygen
- Cleanse key elimination systems like your bowel, liver, and blood
- Help purify your blood and clean away toxins
- Aid you in promoting optimal blood pressure
- Support elimination of molds in your body
- Help neutralize bad air you might breathe in
- Promote growth and repair of your tissues
Chlorella is actually very useful even beyond detoxification, and its range of health benefits includes:
- Boosting your immune system
- Improving your digestion, especially if. constipation is a problem
- Providing B vitamins from an animal source
- Enhancing your ability to focus and concentrate
- Increasing your energy levels
- Balancing your body's pH
- Normalizing your blood sugar and blood pressure
- Reducing your cancer risk
- Freshening your breath
Chlorella is also a great source of complete amino acid protein, and is made up of 50 percent protein. So vegans and vegetarians can benefit not only from the detoxification properties of chlorella, but can also enhance their B vitamin and protein intake as well through chlorella supplementation.
Many claim that it can also be a useful source of vitamin B12. While chlorella does contain this vitamin, most people develop deficiencies because they lose the ability to absorb it.
Suggested Uses for powder:
1-3 teaspoons daily
ADD to smoothies, juices, water or green juices.
Suggested Use for capsules:
1-3 capsules daily for maintenance
5-7 capsules for detox
Half hour before meals
Please allow up to 5-7 business days to ship.
When first adding chlorella to your diet, it’s recommended to do so gradually, working your way up to the daily recommended dosage.
- Do not take vitamin C with chlorella because it can loosen the binding of the heavy metals the chlorella is holding. These toxins can go right back into your tissues rather than being eliminated. Do not take vitamin C within 3 hours of a chlorella protocol dose.
- Chlorella is best when spread out into multiple doses throughout the day (about half hour before meals) to help the body absorb all the nutrients. If taking the entire dose all at once, it’s recommended to do so around breakfast time.
-Do not add chlorella to hot drinks or anything that will be heated, cooked, or baked, as the heat will destroy its nutritional value. Instead, add it to cold drinks, cereal, yogurt, or raw desserts.
-Due to the cleansing and detoxifying nature of chlorella, you may experience a mild headache, diarrhea, or gas when first adding it to your diet. These symptoms are normal and should subside within a few days. If you experience these symptoms, try cutting the next dose in half. If the symptoms persist, discontinue use immediately and consult your health care physician.
*DISCLAIMER* ALL SUGGESTED USES AND DOSAGE AMOUNTS ARE BASED ON PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ONLY AND SHOULD NOT BE DEEMED AS PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL PRACTICES. WE ARE NOT LISCENSED PRACTIONERS AND AS SUCH THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE USED AS PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL OPINION.